Skip to content
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup finely diced carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrot, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Whisk in broth and cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Stir in tomatoes and heavy cream.
- Add Parmesan and heat through until cheese is melted. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in basil just before serving.